Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here’s a question what do people think the hit rate of players of the current elite rosters ending up committing to a D1 program? My guess is something like:

Something like 8 or so for Madlax/Hawks/FCA.

Around 6 or so for Next Level and Crabs.

3-4 for True

1-2 for BLC and then a few/several others that are currently on lower ranked teams.

People think that is high or low? Aside from a few kids I’d be willing to bet on, hard to tell exactly who they will be, but that is my general sense of the talent level.

My kid plays AAA, with no (real) D1 aspirations, so I have no dog in this fight, and I think those #s are low. I'd say:

12 Madlax/Hawks
8 FCA Blue
4-6 NL, Crabs
1-2 BLC, Cavs, KP, True Annapolis, FCA White

Notably......zero from T91, Sidewinders, Team MD, Predators, and other big talkers around these parts.

Very few from most AAA and AA teams, but not zero, and who knows, they haven't hit puberty yet, except the 16 year olds on the ML squad (joking, sort of).

There are a few kids on A, AA, AAA who in fact will go D1 in other sports. Hawks and BLC historically have 1-2 kids go D1 football.

Start by looking at the ‘21 -‘23 teams and you’ll have a good idea. Roughly 2/3 of the Madlax kids are doing D1, likely similar numbers from Hawks and Crabs. I think Madlax had the #1 recruits overall in ‘18 and ‘20 (Epstein and Shellenberger).

Purely going off recollection, could be off on %.