Originally Posted by Anonymous
What would be interesting to see is actually how many 28's playing in the NAL are age eligible for the WSYL. My guess would be 25% of the kids.

Keep telling yourself that's why little Johnny isn't playing on a top team or competing in tourneys like NAL. "Every kid from Elite to AA are holdbacks Johnny, so don't feel bad your on an A team"

My kid is an on age kid competing at NAL and will also be competing at the World Series. 90% of his teammates are in the same boat. There are a handful of kids on the team that are too old. I'm sure some NAL teams have more than a handful. But to say 75% of the kids are holdbacks/too old is ridiculous.

Truthfully, while it isn’t fair, the on age kids who play at a high level, particularly in Elite, don’t care. It is what it is. My son plays elite is on age and will be playing at NAL.

Literally no one cares how old your kid is. You are either good enough or not.

The biggest complainers are parents of kids who are not very good and are using holdbacks as an excuse as to why their kid plays where they play talent level wise.

It’s sad yet predictable.

A few things from both sides-
Yes MOST kids are on age. Yes other than 2way last year it’s all “legal”. Yes in high school you have to play other age groups, whoever lines up.

But to say the complainers are parents of kids not very good is a cowardly argument. 2 things- in grades 6-8 the holdback situation poses a legit injury potential risk. And 2nd the complainers are of those many of whom kids are good- and if they held back would dominate 2029’s.