Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 will be in elite next year.
As will predators by 8th grade.

I doubt 91 is Elite next year. 91 has had a pretty good spring so far. Been in every game and compete hard. Was beating first place Team MD through 3 quarters and was up by 3 in the 4th quarter and just collapsed defensively. 4A division is fun to watch. All 7 teams compete and most games are very close. HLC has not won a game, but has 3 one goal losses and tied 91. Playoffs will be interesting.

All of that is irrelevant.

91 plays in the elite division in every age bracket in HoCo except the 28s. Being good and winning isn’t the point. Elite is just how 91 rolls and they’ll be there next year.

You are both correct.
The T91 corporate objective is to seem/appear/compete to be elite. Not to win....like you say. It is branding, as much as anything, and the easiest way to goose the rankings is to constantly play highly ranked (vs highly competitive but unranked) opponents. If you lose 9/10, who cares. T91 does a great job with this. Should it be their focus? That's a debate.

T91 2028 has shown zero ability to play elite this year or next year, but I'll tell you what they did do. They brought in a cellar-dweller AA coach and rec kids (Swarm) and despite that.......or because of it.........., they have been competitive in almost every game this year, vs. how they performed last year. It's a notable and very real improvement and whether it's coaching or player talent, who knows, but they are playing much better against the same teams who wiped them out last year. As some on BOTC like to say, it's an interesting data point in "how much difference is there between AA, AAA, AAA?" Maybe not much if you have the right coaches, the right lines working together, and a decent mix of talent.

There is still the "29-39 kids on roster" issue, and the upcoming annual showing of "the Texas kids" at tourneys, so we'll see how tryouts go in 3 months, I guess.

But I think anyone including the T91 haters (which sometimes includes myself) has to admit in the last 90 days, their 2028 squad is looking like it is meeting their goals. Whatever you think of those goals.