Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone know where the top 28s will land for high school? My son is an average player, so if a kid or a couple of kids turn down a school, that might help him get in. I didn't know if anyone had the inside scoop of the top 3 players from FCA, Crabs, and Hawks and where they land.

I think most of those kids are already at MIAA-A private schools, so...not sure how much movement there will be. I assume the top FCA kids plan to attend CHC for obvious reasons.

There's also some unusual movement between the schools. There are 2028 laxers who want to play musical chairs between McDonogh, Loyola, Gilman, St Pauls, and BL. Due to their current middle school not being whatever it is they wanted it to be. If the rumors are true, a number of St Marys kids (Hawks) are bailing out with intentions to attend Spalding, DeMatha, or McDonogh. We'll know in about 2 weeks I guess.

If your son has good grades (3.5+), 50% + ranking on the HSPT, decent letters, decent interview (and no culture clash issues), and no past behavioral problems, he'll get in to most MIAA-A schools and every MIAA-B/C school. Think about it, that's the kind of student they want. If your son can also break into the 100 ish players on a MIAA-A roster, so much the better, but remember, these schools are a business in and of themselves, above and beyond the athletics department. Other than the best of the best laxers (and/or donors kids) (who they want, and will tolerate their academic flailing and misbehavior), they want kids who will go out into the world, be successful, and donate copious sums back to the school one day. There's no need for them to carry around (non-donor, non-elite athlete) kids who are pulling a 2.6 GPA at public school, with behavior referrals. The fact that the Catholic schools expel kids every year (or, "encourage them to transfer to a new school starting tomorrow") backs that up.