Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rankings are terrible and getting worse all the time. Not only are many of the same players on multiple teams (I heard from a parent the 2 red hot teams have about 40-50% crossover players), but there are teams that have played literally 1 tournament. (Project Midwest). Many teams with less than 10 games. There are teams in the 50’s that played 10 games against only terrible teams. There should be some minimum to count. At least three tournaments or at least 12-15 games. I’m not a Team Money fan, but no way they should be 50 slots below Team MD and Clippers. I know this group is only focused on top 25 rankings, but the whole thing is flawed top to bottom. It should hold no credence in anyone’s mind.
And it is a fact if MD had 1 allstar team (like 2 Way in CT) we’d be top 1-2.

And it is a fact that if MD had 1 all star team with no holdbacks and reclasses they would not be in the top 10.

2way and Express practice just a few miles apart. So 2way isn’t necessarily the only AA team in Connecticut. Maryland could and should always be in the top but the culture tends to lead to constant team jumping and parents being toxic. If I understand correctly it seems Pennsylvania and even Maryland players are starting to travel North for higher level experiences. That should be a red flag. Naptown, World Series and Crabfeast did not have great showings from Maryland clubs. I think the years of assuming dominance have past.