Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why do you care so much? He is younger than many 2028s playing "legally." Nice kid and nice family. Please worry about your own kid.

wachoo talking ‘bout Willis??
I am new here and seems I should have hit the "quote" button rather than the "reply" button for more reply specificity.

I was speaking to cooment from the gentleman overly concerned about the leading edge goalie.

The problem with Leading Edge continuing to use an illegal player is that it makes their whole roster suspect. The goalie is easy to notice, but if they are that dishonest, of course there are more. It doesn't matter how old they are, it matters what grade they are in.
I could care less whether the kid and family are nice. if he is going into 10th grade he can't play in a grade based event for 2028's, without being a cheater. Shame on the program, the parents, AND the kid, he is old enough to know better.
And I call out the cheaters exactly because I do care about my own kid - I want him playing in events where others follow the rules, rather than make up their own.
Amen. Spot on.