Club is definitely an added cost and some lax high schoolers simply don’t continue their lax journey because of that but it remains a viable option for kids who want good academics + fun lax especially those who want a large university experience and not a small d3 college experience. Many of the kids are prep school kids and a small d3 college is like an extension of their prep school experience that many want to see something different

To each their own though, if you can afford it I would much rather have my kid play club ball at Florida, Texas, USC, UCLA, BC, Northeastern, Michigan, Clemson, UWash, Wisconsin, GaTech then play for 225 of the 249 d3 programs as well as the d1 drums at the likes of d1 programs like Cleveland state, queens, Wagner, LIU, Hampton, Detroit mercy, st Bonny’s etc and the remaining bottom 50 of d1 programs just to say he went d1. Not to knock any kid who goes to college but call me old fashioned I just feel like the purpose of college is get the best education and have a great experience. But like I said, to each their own as everyone has different priorities.