Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DOMINATE in Founders and MIAA you have zero clue.... take a top public school team and you have no shot in that league . That is just the way it is because the amount of talent that is played on those teams you can not compare to a public school those are the facts ... AGAIN look at all the top schools rosters

Take into consideration that the rosters of these prep schools are loaded with PG's. I'm sure the great high school programs on LI would match up if they went to grade 13.

Not sure about this year or going forward and I do not think you will see these numbers with regard to college commits (no more early recruiting) but I'm pretty sure some recent Ward Melville Teams would most certainly be able to compete with any HS teams... MIAA and Founders included. Please forgive me if I am off by 1 or 2 or I miss any... Pretty sure Ward Melville 2017 team had kids heading to the following schools (some may have opted not to play or transferred but you get the picture)

Cornell - 2
Brown -1
Georgetown - 1
Navy - 1
Army - 1
Harvard - 1
Providence - 1
Stony Brook - 1
Penn State - 2
Hofstra - 1
Maryland - 1
Syracuse - 1
Bryant - 1
North Carolina - 2
Michigan - 1

in addition several DII and DIII players

Pretty Sure GC's Stronger Teams could compete, West Islips teams of yester year, a Massapequa team or 2, maybe Syosset 2015, maybe a Smithtown team, Manhasset , The best SWR team....

Long Island Championship and New York State Championship caliber teams can compete with anyone.

When Long Island Teams have the depth they can compete. Some years even if they have great players they would struggle if they do not have sufficient depth.