Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hopefully all post season awards will be based on this high school season only. Previous seasons should not be factored in as these are not lifetime achievement awards, nor should club team affiliation & reputations matter. Reward those players who did it on the field this year. Also I hope voters do not rely on the Newsday stats too heavily. Just based on our team, I can say that they are not always accurate. Plus stats alone do not tell the story of the game & are too easily manipulated. A player tallying 8 points against a weak team in garbage time is not equal to those who perform when needed, or late and close. It would be great to have a service that did stats for all games; some teams are extremely generous with assists and also keep starters in just to pad their numbers.

a "friendemy" of mine would always say stats are always inflated for a certain boy. I would shoo him away as crazy as he is a fanatic. He would say one game he'd get 1 extra goal or assist. Another game game he'd get an extra goal and assist. Many times these points were at the expense of another child, other times just simply phantom stats.

So I was given the videos of the games. WOW, what I saw would be in many schools a fireable offense. So I went to their Whitman game and a playoff game Yesterday, I watched both games first hand and said player (with inflated states) was a non factor and then when I saw Newsday stats. Once again phantom and stolen stats strike agian.

If said player gets 1.5 free stats a game that's 24 points in a season wrong. Some kids dont even get that and this is handed to one kid.

As many may say who cares, we all do. The teacher who taught the kid, who got robbed the stat, will never see his name in the paper and get that feeling of pride when she read the paper wont see . The 4th grader looking at the paper because his mom said read and erroneously sees one kid as a star when it is far from the truth. Or worst when a kid wants to see his name in the paper, because he has only scored once this year but gets robbed. I wouldnt be as bad if it was random kids in random weeks but the same kid every game.

Shady very shady

(I think these two posts are the same team)

Worry less about lacrosse and more about your atrocious writing skills.

The stats are done by HS kids and the winning team submits them. I can tell you firsthand that the stats are padded to make the "score keepers" friends look great. Everything from assists to saves is a farce. There are no trained official scorekeepers for regular HS games.