Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'd say West Islip and CSH are traditional powers.

Wantagh would qualify as a non-traditional power looking to break out.

W.I. didn’t look too great this summer. They will be better during season, they always are but not county title bound.

"They will be better during season, they always are". "Always" really? They have been very average for many years and it does not look like they will improve any time soon.

2019 Final Four

Smithtown West
Ward Melville
HHHE
Sachem East

Two of these teams have NO SHOT at the final four....Hills is VERY young...East is decent should make the playoffs BUT they should have made the playoffs this year and didnt...dont see them anywhere near the final four
WM and SW loaded as usual....
Northport is solid and so is Bay Shore....Riverhead will be back in the mix...West Islip and Smithtown East would also be ranked ahead of Hills and Sachem...dont forget about connetquot and commack although theyll be down a taf from years past

Who are you, the Mike Francesa of high school sports? Give me a break!

I can guarantee Im more in the know of Suffolk Class A lacrosse than you...please though enlighten me...let me know where you think Im off here.........

I agree with his assessment what didnt you like.

I feel like I know a ton about Suffolk A, and know the other dads who are equally as knowledgeable with this Sr class and those below (probably friends with your Mike Francesa). and the only thing I am confident saying is Smith West (love the Fogo, how could you not) and Ward Melville (love the Poles and goalie) both have talented players at each position and SHOULD be there in the end. Not saying they will, just should.

I am not sure how anybody can be to certain about who else will be there at the end of the day. I am not saying its a 2 legged race, just the opposite. I think Ward Melville and Smith West will have their loses whether a battle or trap game. I also dont think they will both be there in the end. One, yes, but not both. Is it just me, but these are teams I just dont want to see play against each other, till the Playoffs.

My points, I would not snooze on WI and will put them a slight bit ahead of Northport. Both seem to grind it out with Hybrid Middies labeled as Attacks. Northport, please dont die your hair wasnt a good look. WI definitley with the edge on def. Look for this game or like opponents for these two throughout the season. Although young HHE will still represent well, who knows who will show up to play (Love that Middie and LSM/Pole). I wouldnt say they have no shot at final 4, i ate crow last year when i said that, yet somehow they beat SmithWest (I know how, West coach and the refs that's how). Inquiring minds would like to know how long that hybrid long pole was. - Change that HS rule from 52 to 60-72 inches long. but I digress, I too would put both Riverhead and Bay Shore in that mix. It has been said here before about those two teams. These two teams are polar opposites, many teams like one and hates the other. One is very selfish the other not selfish enough, both teams down falls. Wouldnt be surprised in the least to see one of them in the final four. But they will probably wind up ranked the 5 and 4 facing each other to then face #1. Look for this battle in season,

I will say this, last years record will allow Sachem East and Floyd to have an easy go of it. That could help them work out some kinks and gain some confidence. Should be a good game against each other. With East winning but in regulation and not OT. but a good game non the less. Smitheast and Commack are two more schools I look forward to seeing play head to head. Ill probably follow their like opponents for fun.. Lindy Whitman Hunt PAtMed who knows maybve 5 wins .

The team im most curious about is connetquot, loved them the past few years, not sure if you want to play them or stay far away from them. Just know they arent the same as they were the past 4 years.

I will say this however, i wouldn't be surprised if some district found a few "new" players. Ala girls lacrosse on the east end. i just hope Sect Xi doesn't let guest star appearances by 2019 Sr players happen. Leave that for the girls. Oh wait we are talking about A right now, thats in CtoB.

Final thoughts

**Still wished Sect 11 would let Brentwood Longwood North Babylon and Copaigue play more cross sectional games against like skilled team. even playing teams ranked 10-16 is tooooo much for them.

**With 27 teams in A, you can only play half anyway (14). Make the playoffs meaningful and schedule only 10 Suffolk class A games in season, let them go out and play 6 other teams from B/C Nassau/West /CT/NJ .

*After day light savings time Schedule more games for 5:30 pm, 4:15 and 4:30 are ridiculous. Play more Saturday or even Sunday games. Sunday before/After PAL games.

*Be smarter scheduling on the SAT/ACT/AP days, along with Prom, come on these schedules come out with enough time to rearrange schedules, let these kids enjoy HS.

*Have a bench ref at each game

Easter is the last week in April, use the break wisely - recharge do not deplete the batteries for the final stretch!!!!