Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not a very intelligent post If you don’t think most of the nassau suffolk teams are picked before tryouts I can sell you a bridge . There are some very good players that deserve to be on there that did make it. No argument there. But many are selected not on merit but who has the high school lax connections or club coach connections. Also don’t forget the legacy lacrosse towns that demand their players be represented. GC, Syosset, CSH to name a few…How do players who are injured or do not attend the tryout make the roster. Figure that out.

Who exactly is demanding anything and from whom? You’re just making silly excuses for your kid, please stop it’s embarrassing.
Anyone that believes lacrosse is a meritocracy is fool. Its all about connections and being on the inside. Whether it is the right town, club or HS you need to be inside the circle to progress through showcases, try outs and recruiting. Yes, some rare outside the circle make it in based on merit but its about connections. If your club doesnt have them dont even bother showing up. Shoot we went to one tryout for the Nike team and the registration tent was a club team.....guess what, their players all made the team. Is what it is. Make friend and advocate or dont complain because this is the way it works.

I’ve been doing the club lax thing for 20 years. I’ve had up close and personal connections with influential people. Yes, my son is on one of the preferred teams that the previous poster mentions. Yes, he’s committed to a big time lacrosse program and phenomenal school at an unbelievable deal. Yes, it’s political in a huge way. It’s not at all fair. None of it. Nothing. Lacrosse has to be the most flawed sport in existence. Always been that way. If you aren’t part of the good ole boy network, you are on the outside looking in. But guess what? Get use to it. Lacrosse is a microcosm of life. Nothing is “fair”. The sooner your kid realizes that, the better off he will be. Moral of the story. Set goals. Work your [Censored] off. Do it the right way. No short cuts. Take advantages of opportunities as they present themselves, and everything will work out in the end.

Hey thanks for the fiction. What a clownish post. Next time keep your BS little post to yourself, at least someone will believe it.

Except for the self-aggrandizing by proxy part of the post, hes not wrong. Lax is an old boys network and thats how most (not all) get into the preferred pathways of whatever school, club, or college they have gotten into or played for. This holds true for the top 10% of the sport. This shows there is a huge equity issue in this sport which means it will always be a niche sport for those that can afford it.

I will disagree that the harder your work in life, the further you can go and you dont need the old boys network even though it helps. Lacrosse, you can work your [Censored] off and not get anywhere so I dont think lacrosse is a metaphor for life.