Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes, they should be concerned with winning, it’s part of their job, but helping with recruiting is something the HS coaches should be happy to help the kids out with. It only looks good for the school to have kids get recruited. And yes I’m serious!

You seem to lack knowledge on the subject. The coaches job is to win, not seek out opportunities for your son. If a program is interested in your son the coach of that school will call the HS coach who will give his assessment of your son, send some video and tell your son what’s next. That’s your “help”. Seriously hope this helps.

Part of a coach’s job is to develop young men. Helping them by reaching out to college coaches, who most have some kind of relationship with is a big part of it. Some take pride in getting their players into D1 programs. Others are more concerned with the players being matched up with a program they can succeed in. I’m My son is most of the help from his travel team coordinator and coaches than his HS coach, but they both were involved.