Originally Posted by Anonymous
So a friend of mine son will be 18 next week, he should've graduated in 2023. However he had his kid go to kindergarten twice, so back then i asked him he said he wasn't mature enough to go to first grade HAHAHAHAHAH. My friend and his wife are both teachers and they were both college athletes. They new at 5yrs old they should reclass him thinking the advantage it would give him being a year older. Unfortunately it didn't pan out he will play in college on the D-3 level which is great but its not what they thought was going to be the outcome.

Reclassing is BadPerson for sure but with friends like you who needs enemies. Who knows why exactly they had their kid “reclass” (I’m not sure I would call it that at age 5) but I hope it wasn’t for athletics. A lot of kids have to be held back or repeat a year for a lot of reasons and it usually ain’t athletics at that age. And you say the parents were athletes; then they would surely know the best time to reclass is not at age 5 but to repeat grade 8 or grade 9. And nothing wrong with d3. I can think of 20 d3 schools is rather go to then the bottom 40 d1 schools.