I have a college fogo and very much enjoy watching him play...better than that-so do his teammates. gets to score, gets ground balls and guess what, even gets to play defense sometimes when losing a draw.

whether or not parents here like the position or the rules, I can tell you that all the coaches that recruited mine like fogo and the team respects the contribution and the work ethic.

Something you might not be aware of and is not on topic-but-for the rest it might be of interest-

of the 45 man roster, average 15 play consistently with another 3 much more sporadic based upon match ups. But I will humor the last commentator and say another 5-10 kids out of 45 may actually play in a game or two for a few minutes during the year-when the team is winning or losing by a substantial amount.

another tidbit-

-not every kid that is on the 45 man roster even gets to travel. several schools (not all but several) only travel with 35, which means 10 boys don't even get to go...hotel rooms and flights and meals and per Diem add up and not all boys get to go on the trip.

then you have the schools with 50 + kids and the travel with the team and playing time gets worse. sorry folks-d-1 lax isn't all butterflies and rainbows. kids have a full time job and are expected to act like it even if they don't step on the field during a real game.

unless your kid is a stud-or is special and blossoms late and becomes a stud-

about half of all d-1 lax parents are watching other parent's kids play. And for some schools (not all), if your kid is on the bottom of the depth chart, you don't even get to travel to watch...

but go ahead-pick on my fogo and his value or lack thereof. He having the time of his life and I am enjoying watching...