You are missing the point on this Lacrosse thread. It's not that you can't get a good education in public schools and of course there are a couple of bright, forward thinking students at every high school in Long Island. The truth is the catholic schools do have the cream of the academic crop. I have had children in private and public and hands down public cannot compete. The boys that went to Chaminade in Freshman year couldn't even keep up with the vocabulary because it is not properly taught in the public high schools. The student there are regent exempt because the classes are so difficult. STA students draw important schools because of the sports and if your child's strength is sports, that's what a good parent would do to support that child. Kellenberg, also a very difficult school is not for everyone. Public education is not what it used to be. So please don't tell me to stop saying that private education is better, (to the earlier poster) it is. As far as lacrosse goes, parents need to focus on academics no matter where your son/daughter is. I see so many parents living their lives through their children because they want to be able to brag under th tents. At the end of the day your kid needs to get a job. He/she will not be a professional lacrosse player. End of discussion.