Originally Posted by Anonymous
the top 4 or 5 players on all the A teams are pretty even across the board. The person who thinks 91 is just better than the rest-in terms of talent- has no clue. We will all see in the next two years which teams have more than a few recruits.

No way! And yes we will see. 91 has way more skilled players. 2020 crush can't be compared to 2020 terps. They are closer to titanium. Express can't even come close to the younger team like smash and bandits

Unfortunately for a lot of those 91 kids academics will be equally as important. The st a, and chaminade reps will more than even things out.

Now you claim to know how the kids are doing in the classroom? I guess that's what you do when you have nothing else.Have you looked at the recent college commits? The Ivy and top 20 list is more impressive from the publics! My 91 son will be recruiting age soon, his grade as well as his lax skills are stellar, and will have his choice of schools, as will many other kids on his team. Great parents, great kids!

Easy there Mom. You have no idea of the competition that is out there on a National Level. Your kid maybe a middle school superstar, but I assure you, you have no idea the of the freak athletes that are getting into this sport. Kids from Fla, Calif. and Texas, might not have the same stick skills yet but are the athletes the top schools want. I recently saw a kid from Cali, has D1 football offer on the table, he played every position on the field for his Lax team except goalie and excelled at the highest levels in each of them. Duke, UNC, Hop, Penn, Harvard, all drooling over him. So take a little advice and eat some humble pie, be hopeful your son gets a few looks when he gets older. To say he'll have his pick of schools is just plain ignorant at best.

There might be athletic freak of natures out there- but they are most likely going to pick a single sport to play, and with lax scholarships far less stellar than basketball, baseball and football, most likely, these kids will pick another sport. If these kids do pick 2 sports, remember they have to be able to stay in school- which the better schools and Ivy's are not academic givens because you play a sport.

While my kid is headed to Catholic school, many of his 91 friends are public school kids and their schools are competitive HS, ranked high in the state and country, so I do not think their parents are too worried. Plenty of 91 kids will do fine and do not need Express or Catholic schools for their academic success or lax success.

You're missing the point and uninformed. Your son is not just competing with other kids from LI and Maryland anymore for a D1 or Ivy slot. This sport is going national, your son will be competing against superior athletes. You have no idea... You will however be educated shortly. Good Luck.