Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am a newbie. can someone explain to me what the turtles are? I Read a lot abot them but dont see them listed as a LI club on the right. Thanks

The Turtles are a team that is assocoated with the Long Island Express. They are a 2017 team that always plays up. Probably one of the best teams for their age group in the country. You get asked to play for them. There are no tryouts. They have their own web site: http://turtleslax.com/

They are amazing to watch...

If they are so great how come the first 2017 to commit isn't from the turtles? And didn't the greatest team in the world just lose to Dukes 2017 last month?

There's been a 2017 commit? Who and from where? Please back up your statement with facts.

Yup its a fact. Player is NOT from LI and NOT a Turtles player. And the second 2017 commit is coming very soon, also NOT A TURTLE.

This "first 2017" commit is not even a true 2017 or from NY. He is a 2016 that announced that he will do a PG year a then be a "2017".

Huh? So, we are doing a prep year "before" even starting second year of high school now? What does that say about the state of college lacrosse? Scary stuff. Crack a book now and then boys, crack a book. They call it "college" lacrosse after all. Or is lacrosse going the way of most major college football programs?

And what if this kid was held back a year already? Maybe he'll be a 20 year old senior.