Originally Posted by Anonymous
Will never try out again with the Express. Here were the lowlights. $125 for two days of watching a Turtle Exhibition. 10 minutes of playing time for new kids. Seeing parents of kids potentially going to St Anthony's and Chaminade "working" the coaches. If your child is a superstar and going to private this is the place for you. If your child has potential, but needs developing, good luck.

thank you for this insight, haven't heard anything like this before, sounds like a bad deal by very mean men

FYI...you do not try out for the Turtles. They pick what players they want to be on the team. Express tryouts are for only Express Players. "Very mean men"...really??? Remember this is a business...

I am confused. Please honest answers from people that know first hand not what they heard. My son is a very good 2021 player. He has been asked to tryout by several teams and a couple elite. No contact yet with Express. Will he get a fair tryout or will he be sitting on the sidelines? He has no desire to attend private school. Will this hurt his chances to remain on the team or playing time if he makes it?

STAY AWAY. Its a lot of money, they carry a big roster. The coaches kids play ALL game while other kids barely get on the field. There are a lot of other clubs licking their chops because Express is losing a bunch of really really good players.

FIRST, stay away from the 'stay away' comment. Misinformed.

SECOND, call the Express organization and ask.

THIRD...my son made the 2021 Wolverine team last year as a new player...with no 'connections' and as a public school student, like many of the other players.

FOURTH, the tryouts were very fair, and we expect the same this year. The boys went thru many drills and game situations. Everyone got a fair look by multiple evaluators who continually walked up and down the field taking notes. Boys for the most part were busy, and there were short lines on many drills.

Hope that helps...honest and forthright...and perhaps we'll meet in the future!