Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats! Let me guess your son was or is on Orange. Not going to knock Express and their results. Just now there are a lot of options and people have choices which will hurt Express in the future. People can only take being treated like crap only so much.

Not express - niche program. Bottom line if your kid can't play it doesn't matter what club he is with and if he can play it also doesn't matter what club he's with.

SOOOOO disagree In my vast experience this is not true. I have seen great players get overlooked, fall through the recruiting cracks,or on the other side get a spot for a camp invite...because of A Politics B Who Dad knows C Who club/school coach knows D How much is in the family bank account E Who in the family played or plays lax and they think the sibling is just as talented and too many other reasons to list.

Even with the benefit of A throurgh E on your list, none of it matters to a college coach (who's job is on the line) if your kid is not an athletic thoroughbred or Einstein. I've spoken to no less than 5 or 6 college coaches both in DII and DI over the past month or so and they are all exhausted by the club scene - they want to see your kid perform in their high school program to see how he plays a specific role within a system, takes direction and takes pride in his school uniform. All of those things are a much better gauge of how he will transition to a college coache's system then watching johnny play Random Team A vs Random Team B for 40 min. The high school scene is not dead yet and if anything the club scene is killing itself.