Originally Posted by Anonymous
does anyone realize that directors at Express are the main reason for all this hostility . they created this elite lacrosse program that was blowing people out for years. as a result other teams are looking to blow them out every chance they get.

This's is funny. Why don't you tell us what long island teams compete with express from eighth grade up. Who cares about 4th thru 7th grade. These are years to improve and put your son in the right situation to excell in high school. Gloat on your wins at this age. I"ll be waiting for your post's three years from now

Reason those older teams are better is because Express was the only choice a few years back. Now that there are other teams or choices the talent pool is catching up. I think you will see that the younger teams that are beating kids of the same age now will beat them later. Talent is talent. If a kid has it he has it. Plain and simple sorry Johnny who works hard but doesnt have the athletic talent are stories for the movies like Rudy. One of my all time favorites by the way.This happens once in a lifetime thats why they make movies out of those stories. Yes the older Express teams are good thats because they were the team beating everyone in 4th and 5th grade and have been playing together since then. Times are changing. Its funny when people say its only 5th grade but with all these kids specializing a 5th graders talent level is that of and 8th grader 10-15 years ago. The kids stick skills and game savy of today are well beyond their years.

Once puberty comes all bets are off. Then put catholic school in the mix express will still thrive. No program with the exception of the crabs gets more kids looked at as express. Look at the 2016 team a little over a year ago they were terrible now mile c puts a team together at 2017 believe me express will always get the best players when it counts.