Originally Posted by Anonymous

…on any given A team there are likely only 5 or 6 kids that are actually good enough to ultimately get recruited to a good school program….

They are selling a dream, You are the one's buying into the dream for $3k a year. Unless your kid is a top ten kid on the best team your club offers by 7th grade, save the $ for tutors and play town ball.

Do you really think spending the xtra $50 for shooting or dodging practice will make your kid into the next early recruit?

Agree with 'selling a dream' but I'd like to think there's more to playing club lax being recruited by top D1 programs…such as skills development, competitive play and college lax outside the Top 25 programs. The sport is growing so rapidly, expanding to non-traditional states, etc. that the demand for players of all levels makes the costs of tryouts/club/tourney fees 'worthwhile'. As a 2019 dad, I'm hopeful that 7th/8th graders are still able to jump levels (i.e., B to A player, A to AA, AA to top recruit, etc.). What's scary is that recruiting/commitments are happening so early (see 2018 commits) that makes pre-HS development/ exposure much more critical…so why not buy into the dream?