The problem is Express doesn't support their B teams. Only the A teams go to the very top events. They aren't recommending B team players for Showtime, etc.

It is important for parents of younger players to understand that if your kid is good, they need to be seen early and often. A lot of the recruiting lists and rankings are born out of evaluators seeing the same kids over and over from an early age. Those kids get written up, buzz is created and looks are given. But you have to be where the best teams are because that is where the college coaches go. It is not impossible from a B team, but it is really hard to go from there to being recruited by a top D1. Many go lesser DI, DII of DIII. If I could do it all over again, I would have gotten my kid off a B team and onto an A team earlier. It worked out for him in the end, but not before we watched lesser A team players get recruited first. College coaches were trying to learn my son's name in HS as compared to them having watched similar kids for 3-4 years by that point.

Others may disagree, but my experience is that if you are on an Express B team it is an uphill battle to get recruited at a top D1. You better be prepared to hit a ton of individual showcases and prospect days on your own.