Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sage - we know the clubs butter your bread with advertising money but please try to stay unbiased on this. By the way, during your due diligence please ask them about the issue of seeing individual kids versus teams during the summer circuit. I've been told that they usually are looking at individual players that they've identified ahead of time and care less about the team they are on. It's perfectly fine to go to recruiting tournaments as a "free agent". It'll be interesting if you hear the same.
Nice try. Rule Number One : No individual, no company, no organization, no tournament, no camp, no clinic - can "buy" BOTC's opinion. We are serious about distributing truthful and clear college information for parents and student-athletes both here on BOTC and on our parallel BOTN web site.

You are correct here about one point : All recruitment is done on an individual player level. Teams are not recruited - players are recruited. This topic has been exhaustively discussed on BOTC and BOTN's College Forum. College coaches want to deal with student-athletes that have expressed interest in the institution and lacrosse program which is why this all comes down to individuals and not teams.

Now, what were those university names again that were part of your survey?

Really? C'mon Sage - thats just a cheap shot way of trying to discredit the discussion and not a reasonable request to volunteer a college coach's time to discuss this - they are full-on on crushed for time recruiting and running their programs 24x7 and could care less about our discussion here. You need to do your own due diligence just as we are doing for our sons. I'm only offering pieces of my due diligence as informational. My son plays on a club so I am not trying to trash the club scene on purpose - that would be silly since I'm paying damn good money for the club which I believe fills a void with value around the high school season. But, I thought it would be interesting to share elements of my conversations as well as conversations my son has had as recently as this past weekend. If others have heard differently, please share! And please, no specific college coach names necessary! We're just sharing info here that I hope is truthfully what people are hearing direclty from college coaches. I sense they are fatigued, maybe jeaolous of the club money and also leary of the "pay for play" and marketing benefits of success stories that clubs have with potential recruits.