Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am a newbie. can someone explain to me what the turtles are? I Read a lot abot them but dont see them listed as a LI club on the right. Thanks

The Tenacious Turtles are a team that is under the LI Express organization umbrella as their A team for the 2017 age group. They don't have tryouts for this team it's invitation only and almost the entire team has been together for the last 4 years. The owner of Lacrosse Unlimited runs the team and his son is on it.

Does anybody really know what the relationship is between the turtles and the Express? What does the Express get out of "the relationship" and what do the Turtles get out of it?

Turtles are a hand picked team associated with LIE. 2017 age group. Supposed to be the best of the best for that age group. No expense has been sparred for their training. Truth is they had a great run, but are having a little trouble maintaining their elite title, not bringing in the tournament wins they enjoyed in the past. As this group of boys enters their HS years now, it will be interesting to see what happens to them. Some really good players there, but then again there are a lot of really good plays that don't play for the turtles as well.

Still doesn't explain exactly what the relationship is between the Express and Turtles. Turtles seem to function completely seperately from the rest of the Express. Do they even show up to the Express organizational meeting that all other express teams attend to pay, be fitted for uniforms, be told what the tournament schedule is etc...? I'd really like somebody to explain what the association is. Just curious but it seems odd. I really don't see the benefit for either party and why the Turtles seem to operate independently unlike any other express team in any other grade if they really are part of the Express. What's the deal?

Why do you care so much. I think the question has been answered like 5 times on this thread...move on to the 91 website...

You obviously don't have an answer or at least not one that you can articulate very well. I think you should move on.