It is all a joke anyway. what these people don't realize is that they are basically buying their kid a spot...at a school he could have gotten into anyway.

None of these kids will get need based money at any school, so at $60k annual tuition, and 25% athletic scholarship (none at Ivy or Patriot League or necac) and an extra year at catholic or PG, these people are all financial losers.

It is a suckers bet unless you are loaded and lax can get you to IVY...For anyone that can get into patriot league schools, they are better off going to a better nescac school playing d-3 and getting A's rather than play lax full time for free...

Most of these kids can get into Maryland without lax...and you can get more $ for your brains than you can for lax at most schools.

I will never understand why someone would put their kid out there (notice the use of their and there) to be embarrassed all for a shot at a D-1 lax spot at a school other than IVY. The shot at IVY is slim at best, so you are paying a fortune to get your kid a spot at UNC? Really? Great school and all, but not worth a year of my son's life just too make me proud.

Proud of my kid today and always, no reason to tell him he is not good enough publicly.

not too mention, I have no interest ever, in paying for something at a premium to its worth.

Better to go to CC for two years and transfer and give the kid the money for MBA, or deposit on first home.