Originally Posted by Anonymous
From the scores, it seemed like the top teams at the U15 Nationals had multiple competitive games. Sounds like a lot of fun. FCA sure was an all-star team - just from the championship box you can see they added Duke, UNC, JHU, Maryland and Syracuse commits. In fact, didn't seem like many of the programs there were U9->HS programs.

Express North, Terps, FCA, fl$, Colorado and 3D Select all added hired guns. Some a bunch, some a few, all had. Only two teams to come with their actual teams that made quarter finals were Team LI and the LI Jesters.

mediocre will always rise to the middle - seemed like both of the "pure" teams parents were talking a lot before the tournament but not much after

Mediocre? I'm a TLI parent, and if beating the Dukes(twice), sweet lax and losing to FCA by 2 goals with our real team is mediocre? Then I am fine with it! All our kids play in all the games! We never lean on a few kids , while the rest stand around and clap! I am sure you are one of those pretentious parents from Xtreme who thinks that because you have a couple of studs (1/2 not even from LI) that it makes your 3 line middy any better. Keep clapping for the other kids and don't worry about our "mediocre" kids. They will be just fine!