Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you leave your kid back because he can't do the homework and is failing, i have no issue. If you re-class (leave your kid back) for lax opportinity, you are a cheater and everyone is talking about you and your family behind your back. Even your closest friends think you are sleezy...

Obviously you know it is wrong or you wouldn't be here trying to justify.

I feel bad for your son as all the other boys are snickering behind his back. What parent would put a kid in that situation? Or maybe you will tell me it was your 14 year old boys ideat to repeat a grade?

Did you sneek him into another school in hopes that you could fit him in in a place where no one knows you and him???

When you and your partner-husband or wife-talked about this, was part of the conversation how you would enroll him in private school (you can name the school-but all MD schools fit the bill) where other people reclass as well so the stigma would be less?

Come on, you know it is cheating and you know it is wrong, but you did it so you could tell the world your boy is playing d-1 lax...It is about you, not the kid.

Tell me, if you think this really gives your kid a leg up in life, did you do lot's of research on the life impacts of having a 14 year old repeat a grade? Point to the study or the research so maybe we can all learn something.

I suspect you did no research and rather you spent more time buying your last car then you did when mking this decision...

While I feel bad for your son, it is clear that you and most of the rest of re-class parents are slimy people looking for a way to get ahead without playing fair. Just because something isn't illegal doesn't mean it is right or fair. that is what cheating is, not necessarily illegal but clearly not the right thing to do.

all that said, i really hope it works for your boy and this doesnt backfire on him as he really had no part in the decision, it all came from your misguided approach to what i believe was a noble thought. In your warped mind you think you are doing the best thing possiple for your kid--I get that and that is the noble part. It is how you chose to get that advantage that is the warped part.

The previous poster wishes your son well, I personally hope he crashes and burns at some point. I will be cheering for that. My older son is already committed but I am still extremely disgusted that he needed to fight for a spot against kids1-2 years older that him. I do however agree with the poster that you are a sleazy cheater.

If harvard told you to repeat your kid you would do it in a second. If you wouldn't you're an idiot.

Harvard doesn't tell people to repeat their kid, they have more integrity than that, as should the slimy cheaters