Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hasn't this topic (re-classing) been beaten to death?

It has been beaten to death, but every dad with an 'age appropriate 9th grader' is going to have to deal with it for lacrosse, the way things are set up. My son goes to a private school, has an early 2000 birthdate, and is the youngest kid on the team. The dads I have spoken to have great reasons for the hold back/reclassification, and I'm not judging them. I do, however, think about it in terms of what it means for my son. Athletic age eligibility in the ISL - a New England prep school league - is 20 years old. My son just turned 15 and his team plays ISL teams with kids who are 20 years old. Am I thinking about whether that makes sense for my son, whether it's fair or even safe, and what I'm going to do about it so that he can have a great high school athletic experience/opportunity? You bet I am. I don't know the answer here, but I am watching an avalanche of dads in my area reclassify their sons right now, so that their boys aren't the youngest boys in the classroom or on the playing field. They have done what they think is right, but by so many of them doing this up and down the eastern seaboard, they have made things much more difficult for the rest of us, as boys with 2000 birth years are turning into very young 9th grade players.