Originally Posted by Anonymous
Once again, for the first time around lax parents:

I am a 2019 parent who will be traveling to 3d with my son next weekend. I sent the application in for him, he was accepted and I paid. We are traveling to FL.

What should I expect? What should my son expect?
The direct invitation I have read about, is that something every player gets?
My son was accepted to Top 175. It is a fee also.

What is the best case senerio that will come out of the 3d weekend for my son.

Please, without sarcasm, explain to me if I am paying for a real opportunity for my son to be seen or is it that I just paid all this money for a fun in the sun lax weekend with different teams.

I am coming here because the 2019 thread is still caught up in the Chaminade goalie relcassing situation.

Thank you all in advance

There are no direct invites for 2019 (at least that was the case last year for my 2018). You paid to go to florida to compete for the opportunity to get picked to go to JR this coming summer.

You should expect four games as I recall. You should expect a session on recruiting along with a recommendation that you think about re-classing your kid...

Certainly not a recruiting event in florida, but if he is chosen as a result of his play to go to JR this summer there will be a lot of coaches on the sidelines then.

No other way to get to JR at your son's age. Direct invites start for that age next year...