Originally Posted by Anonymous
Elite or varsity groups are for Ted Spencer Blue chip 225. Not Jake Reed.

I posted what are peoples opinion of Ted Spencers Blue Chip Elite Division. My son applied and was selected to the elite division. Dont know much about it so was wondering what peoples opinion of it were. Is it worth it?

Ok here's the deal on this whole recruiting thing for 2019 parents. It works like this: if your son is one of the 4or5 best kids on one of the top 5 or 6 teams in the country at 2019 then your son will probably have some offers on the table or be committed by this time next year. This will happen pretty much with or without Jake Reed. For the rest of the kids, it will take a little longer. It will also require a bit more commitment from you. It then becomes a numbers game to secure the most exposure for your son. Try to get your son into the showcase and make sure your on a club that will be playing in top tournaments. I.E. NSCLA, Crabfest, Big 4, Adrenaline, inside lax, NXT etc. best showcases for fall are FPS, and Legacy. Number one showcase for rising sophomore is Showtime. Must be one of the best players on 91, Express, fl$ or Outlaws to secure direct invite from club. Those 4 clubs are the only ones on LI that will have direct invites. Anyone says differently they're not being truthful. Moral of the story, it's a number game.

Thank you for your insight.
What's your opinion on spending the money on multiple prospect camps instead of being the best player on 91, fl$, Express?