Originally Posted by Anonymous
We went to 3d last weekend. The quality of instrucion and coaching was good. It was my son's first showcase event and while team play was emphasised during the lead up; the games were a bit of a free-for-all. I get it, the kids are trying to advance to JR, but I was surprised that the coaches allowed some pretty selfish play to occur over the four games. Also, the attack, defense and goalies were subbed on a schedule but the middies were not (my son plays midfield). If your son plays midfield, he will have to be very assertive about getting in and staying in the games. Have fun and good luck.

Here is the problem with Blue Chip 2015. Last year (8th grade) they took 120 kids from the 5 camps for Jack Reed. This year they are only taking 15-25 per camp. They have already sent out 70 direct invites to JR. They put all the kids that were at JR last year and did not get a direct invite on one team in each camp. The result...unless you were an unkown stud, you have zero chance of making it to JR. At least the weather was nice the first weekend...but best of luck to anyone who has gone or is going.