Hey, serious question on the recruiting front from a non-hotbed region.

Is there any point of having 2019's play up to a 2018 team if neither starters nor early maturers (not big).

The 2018 team appears much more talented and better coached than the 2019 team (who has new coach), but I would think the kids would get no recruiting attention at all and then, if they ever rejoin the 2019's, it wouldn't be much of a team with their best players playing up previously - which in a non-hotbed region like ours, means the kids don't have a great experience and perhaps switch to other sports. The 2018 team is no powerhouse, but good enough to enter mid-level hotbed tournaments. Conversely, the 2019's may never be good enough to go to hotbed tournaments - though hard to tell if they never have the best kids in the region - so maybe they wouldn't be missing out on anything.

These aren't my kids I'm talking about it - but some of the parents of these are friends and former DI scholarship athletes in other sports and I know they care about recruiting (and their alma mater early recruits).