feel sorry for the goalie and his parents. know them as good people. their choice must have been difficult and I imagine (knowing them) it was made after a great deal of thought and consideration.

also feel sorry for the 2019 kid. he had no choice but the other's choice affected him.

I would not reclass my kid given our fact pattern. I dont agree with the concept, but like everything else in life, until you walk in another's shoes it is impossible to know what you would do.

the kid that was reclassed has no ability to have a voice. For any of you that think otherwise you are not being honest. At this age you can convince your kid of anything. The choice was made for him, and while i dont agree with it, it was not my call or his and i dont know the complete story, nor do any of you.

to the kid that apparently now lost his spot, I am sorryy and feel bad. I understand there is no consolation to him and he is stuck with the current scenario.

in life, which is not fair, it is much better to have information as soon as possible from which you can make informed decisions. if the kid that lost his spot was going to chammy, now is time to change--if his goal was to go to great school and be starting goalie--because the other kid will clearly get that spot. the reclassed kid wouldnt have gone through this if his fam had not talked to coaches of school and club. rather than spend the next years fighting, i wold pivot and compete indirectly...

best of luck to each boy as neither had a choice here...for those picking on the reclassed kid, he is a kid, no more no less, not capable of making this choice so please leave him alone.