Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Was Run with the Best just Express and 91 boys? Heard there was not a big response because of the cost and most of their better players are already committed - so it was opened to other clubs and was mostly lower level 91 and express teams who had their players attend.

It was originally advertised as only 91 and express players allowed but as is ALWAYS the case when Team 91/ Dynamic Sports Marketing is involved if you have a check you are welcome. Some of the teams had 3 goalies which is a disgrace in a showcase that cost double most other showcases!!!

My son was at the event and I have to say it was well run and there was a lot of talent there. It was for players that were not committed so this would eliminate the committed players. It was advertised as a 91 and Express event with other teams being invited. Our club coach offered us a spot and we don't play with either 91 or Express when the event was announced. There were plenty of great players at the showcase. There were players from 91, Express, Express North, Outlaws, Igloo, Empire, and 3D. Not a bad representation of teams. There would be no players from fl$ because they were having their showcase that day also.

In regards to the 3 goalies I am looking at the list and no where do I see on the 4 teams 3 goalies. I do know two goalies didn't show so there were 3 teams (1,2,and 4) with just one in the 2018 age group.

There were a good amount of college coaches and at least 5 or 6 watching every game that was played. They did rotate fields as to have an opportunity to watch different players and teams. My son was very happy and received great feedback. He received invites to 5 prospect days from schools that were in attendance. I am sure there will be those who say everyone received those invites. Well that's not the case because we had numerous friends attend and they received different prospect day invites than he did. Based on the information given during recruiting speeches the invite to the prospect day is the first step in a coach contacting a player. Once contact is established via a live conversation then you will see if they are really interested.