Originally Posted by Anonymous
When watching highlight videos I see a few things which I dont understand how a D1 recruiter misses.

Size mismatches. For large attackmen I don't see a lot of video against trained and developed D1 caliber Defensemen. A 6-12 inch height advantage will disappear. When evaluating a reclassified player I would look for highlights against mature/skiled defenders. Our team had an early to mature Attackman on our team who has regressed as the world caught up to him.

your post is spot on except that a kid is not getting recruited only on his highlight films, they might help get him on the radar but for a scholarship player, they will watch the kid in person many many times and that will far outweigh the highlight films. when my older son started sending out his film it led to many calls or e-mails inviting him to visit or to go to the prospect camp and asking for upcoming schedule.
2-Extensive use of free had to push off and get loose. Do they call wards nowadays? I see a lot of highlights that start with a push off of a defender with a free hand. Why are people publishing these non goals as highlights?

Show me a highlight video of an attackman who consistently and cleanly beats top d-poles from a grade older than his (without cheating) and I will understand the drive to early commit the player