Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heads up to all of you that have kids going. Black Card just realigned all the teams by grad year for Friday.

How can you do a showcase this Friday? My son has two finals..

wasn't there a big push by college coaches to not go to showcases while school was in session,I remember it happening on LI with a showcase on the Wed. before Thanksgiving? Conn. playoffs are still going on
I found this on a thread from Fall of 2013. It is limited to Sept1-May1. Coaches don't really care if recruiting conflicts with school. They just want to create an illusion they do
Originally Posted By: IMCLA - Phil Buttafuoco Statement

TO: IMLCA Membership

Members of the IMLCA Division I Legislative Committee have asked me to push hard for coaches to adhere to the IMLCA policy prohibiting coaches from attending mid-week recruiting events, including the below event. A reminder of the policy was distributed again this morning.

The policy states: “During the recruiting segment of the 2012 IMLCA Convention, the IMLCA Division I and Division II membership voted to state that it does not support any non-institutional or non-scholastic events conducted Monday thru Friday from September 1 thru May 1.

The IMLCA membership understands that school coaching staffs are permitted to conduct events Monday thru Friday on their campus provided they do not hire coaches not employed by their school.

This IMLCA position takes effect September 1, 2013.”