Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think you are overstating the reclassify "stigma". Those in the lax world completely understand that it's a response to early recruiting. In the past a kid that didn't like the looks he was getting would PG. Now college coaches at recruiting seminars are telling parents not to PG unless you have an offer in hand prior to doing so. Outside of the lax world, I'm sure people assume the reclassify kids are poor students or have social issues - but that's because they are uneducated about the process. I try my hardest to not make decisions based upon other peoples' uneducated opinions.

And if your 2018 plays with 2020 and gets an offer to the 2020 class he would actually have to reclassify and PG. To my knowledge, I have not seen a situation where a kid plays down to shine against much younger competition and then commits to their original grad year.

No issue with a re-class year or PG. I understand it extremely well. But don't say you will do it it in the future and play down. If a 2017 repeats 9th and plays with 9th graders thats fine. Playing by the rules. This example is a 10th Grader still in 10th grade playing down with 9th graders.