Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
When you say commit you mean a handshake to play there.
How many Scholarships do you think a D-1 team has?
How about 12 which they break in half or quarters .
Those 12 are for freshmen to senior. Commit means they want you to play on the team and they will give you as little as they can. Most of these kids get money for there grades.
Most of the Colleges that were mentioned are $50,000-$60,000
a year, so you get $10,000-$15,000 off still no bargain.
Nothing is Final until it is in writing. Don't get caught
up in the [lacrosse] .

thanks for the clarity, thought that every kid going to UPenn was getting a full ride. this whole conversation has gone from Express is a waste of time and money because they do nothing for you to what ever the kids accomplish is on their own and Express did nothing and deserves no credit to now getting recruited means nothing and worth nothing.

If getting caught up in the [lacrosse] you mean having my kid commit to an Ivy league school as a 10th grader and be able to enjoy three years of high school with that pressure being lifted, sign me up! and if I think Express will help get this for my son better then any other organization sign me up for that as well

Express might, but don't be so sure. Identify schools of interest, fill out recruiting questionnaires, email coaches, call coaches, put together a highlight tape, attend prospect days. Take the control of the process early. The club may be a big part of that or not at all. If you're unsure of which, then you're on your own.