Originally Posted by Anonymous
oh my, what a bunch of babies - no wonder your kids can't compete, you want to sit back and have it handed to you. go out and compete against all the 2018's and stop crying. The colleges do not care how old you are they care about when you are graduating HS, when you plan on starting college, how good a player you are and how good a player you are going to be but never how old the kid is.

If your boy was able to compete against his own age you wouldn't have had to make the sleazy choice to re-class. Really should be called--class-less.

That is really what it comes down to- the reclassified kid could not make the cut against kids in his own age group. I think it sends such a sad message to the player, even if it is unintended and not spoken. Think about it, I think kids play it off as a cool thing, because you will hopefully gain something in the end, but everyone else looking in, well they are all thinking the same thing, he could not cut it, so he had no choice but to play with younger kids. In the end, not all reclassed kids will end up where they want, because unfortunately, it seems to be a growing trend, but coaches are not just looking for bigger, or more mature kids, they still have to have skill. What I really do not get, so if your skills are not up to par with your own class, and you drop down a year, or two- and get picked up by a college as an early recruit- aren't you going to spend a lot of time riding the bench in college or even HS once you are back with your own aged players or even when your "new" younger friends reach puberty, like you did a few years earlier. It just seems like it will even out in the end and the message sent, You were not good enough, so we played you with younger kids- will resonate in the back of the player's mind for years to come.

If you look at the year ahead of us. This past July in Denver for u15 Nat Championship, that tells you what 2017's are on age because you need a birth certf. to play.

Fact is, the NCAA D1 committed players that were there were MOSTLY the L.I. players.

9 players for FCA National that were there,
Turtles- Smithtown East - M - Hopkins
Turtles- Manhasset - A - Hopkins
Turtles- Smithtown East - FO/M - Ivy commit
Turtles- St.Anthony's - LSM - Bucknell
Turtles- Mt. Sinai - D - Hopkins
Turtles- Manhasset - LSM - Michigan
Turtles- Manhasset - M - North Carolina
Turtles- Smithtown East - A - Fairfield
Team 91- Cold Spring Harbor - A - Virginia

1 player for fl$ that were there,
Manhasset- A - Michigan

So all the above players are ON AGE.

Some may have been "legal" to play but are hold-backs according to their school districts ct off date. FACT!

They were ALL "legal" to play!!! They had to submit a birth certf.!!!

You are avoiding the point. NOT ALL WERE APPROPRIATE STARTS FOR THEIR BIRTHDATES. In case you don't understand what that means, here on LI they were playing year down in their districts.