Originally Posted by Anonymous
serious question, do you really think McDonough offers a sub-par education?
Keep emotions aside and sports aside, how would you rank the schools academically?
No taking shots just honest opinions and why

All of the MIAA schools are good academic schools, they get their students into some of the top universities, they all have AP classes and honors courses, they all offer many courses outside of core curriculum, most have top notch faculty. Sure McDonogh may have the best campus, but all schools in MIAA are academic powerehouses compared to public schools, and they all have their skeletons. Not one is better than the other. Since you asked for honest opinions, that’s mine.

Please don't say "compared to public schools". It's just not true. It might make you feel better if you're shelling out a ton of cash for private school, but it simply is not true. What you are paying for is smaller classes and less exposure to discipline problems. Public schools offer a great education -- with AP classes and -- unlike many of the private schools -- certified teachers, who are trained in both their subject area and how to teach. Take a look at the credentials of many of your so called superior private school teachers -- many are not certified teachers. This is a problem if your kid doesn't know how to teach him or herself.
Hope you made yourself feel better about your public school player.

I don't need to make myself feel better. Following public high school, my kid is attending a pretty exclusive school on academic merit. Imagine that.

But does he play D1 lacrosse and start ! Now that is what matters.