Originally Posted by Anonymous
Someone told me about this site. I had to check out and man this is wild. A lot of comments from anonymous folks. Could be kids but most sound like parents IMO or the token groupie who never got past junior b in rec with lacrosse but consider themselves experts. Remember lacrosse is a team sport. Everyone has a role, starter or on the bench. Everyone has a role. A team sport is what we are talking about and all you read is about this kid that kid or this coach and that coach. This is a game that unfortunately like other sports, (more than others) is political. That is a fact and not new.
With that said, show yourself, if you are going to lob insults back and forth. Get out in front of your keyboard as you pontificate In the end it does not help the kids. Maybe makes you feel better but at what cost. BTW Spaulding spelled Spalding, is a hard working group of young men who are led by coaches who have put in a lot of time and effort to help develop the kids into a successful TEAM. These lessons will be used on and off the field. I know because I coach at Spalding as an assistant. Also grew up, played against and coached with Bryan Kelly. Great person, father friend, teammate and coach. Don't get me wrong there is a lot that needs to be changed in lacrosse. Nothing new for example, is the recruiting and it should be more transparent. Access to the game is being hampered ,IMO by the clubs. Clubs are fine but IMO have gone out of control with little to no instruction and a lot of $$$. Equipment is way too expensive again hampering the growth and access to others who love the game. Let's talk issues not who is buying who off. That really sells short the amount of countless hours these young men like Ripley and others spend when no one is watching. when it is raining and they are on the wall. Think of that before you comment/pontificate on something you all clearly don't no much about.

Thank you
Charlie Speno Coach Parent and lover of the creators game

Nice rundown of why many here have many negative things to say about MIAA lacrosse and lacrosse in general. While it is a great game and is great to watch, there are many negative aspects in the sport. Holding back is the norm and is done mainly for lacrosse now, MIAA rules are a joke as far as recruiting, WE all know that there is a special place for some players due to political reasons, not only skill. Frankly , I can see why many dont want to sign their name as their son would be relegated to the bench for no other reason than to question the coaching gods of the MIAA. Clubs have their own massive category of issues that are negative . There are lots of different opinions on the Kelly's and FCA than you have.

Saying all that, dont expect the rhetoric to stop, to many aspects of the creators game are done exactly how the creator would not want them to be. So sit back and enjoy the show