Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes bc you all are showing how classy you are in these comments. Ha.

Your disdain toward public schools is the height of low class. People who are truly successful don’t look down on others because they’re not nsecure. If you have to hide behind a league, an entrenched Annapolis, Baltimore, or DC prep school name, have at it. Most of us want respect based on our
character, not labels.
Reading these posts make me so happy my son declined his opportunities to attend a private school. I won’t argue that his team is anywhere near competitive with even the bottom teams in the MIAA, but he is having fun playing, loves his team, has academic opportunities private schools do not and I place the character of his friends above most of what I see here. Not just no regrets, I’m grateful for his ability to see and understand this for himself when deciding on schools.

I think the private school / public school debate is dense but can you tell me what opportunities a public school offers over a private? Seems to me they’re pretty equal all around.

The thing no one seems to mention is the network that you buy into when sending your son to a private school. I am the president of one of the local private school alumni association boards and that is one thing the publics definitely do not offer.

So basically paying for college before actually paying college tuition

Someone’s kid wasn’t recruited to HS. Sorry