Originally Posted by Anonymous
You need to google the acceptance rates of these schools. All but a couple are very competitive. You have clearly never had a kid go to college. Only people who have never gone through the process balk at a 30% acceptance rate.

Why anyone would ever send their kid D3 is beyond me. 95% of the schools are NOT good schools.

D3 schools have basically the same good/bad split as D1 schools. Some are good academically, some are not that great. There are some absolutely top tier D3 schools. Here's one listing of the top 10 D3 lacrosse schools (overall, not just lax):

Amherst College
Tufts University
Williams College
Wesleyan University
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Washington & Lee University
Middlebury College
Franklin & Marshall College
Haverford College
Swarthmore College

That's a pretty good group of schools. And last time I checked, each kid only chooses one school - so the "95%" don't matter.

There are 248 D3 lacrosse teams. The vast majority of those are awful schools. Outside of the NESCAC and a few random schools that you mentioned the rest of them are bad schools. Most kids going D3 aren’t going to the schools you mentioned, they’re going to some pos little liberal arts college no one has ever heard of. As for your breakdown of the percentage of good schools in D1 and D3 being the same is so wrong. When I just looked at a list of d1 schools I’d say ~30-40/72 of those schools are at least good schools. I’d think you’re crazy if you tried to tell me half of the colleges with D3 lacrosse are good schools.

MMMMMM, Nescac and a few schools, lets see some non NESCAC schools - MIT, Washington & Lee, Franklin & Marshall, Haverford, Swarthmore, Colorado College, Gettysburg, Skidmore, RPI, Vassar, Denison, John Carroll, Trinity, Dickinson, Steven Institute of Technology, Union College, Kenyon College, Clark, Oberlin, Ohio Wesleyan, Wooster, etc . . .

I got bored of typing but call me crazy, Here is just a taste of some good schools in D3 outside of NESCAC. I am sure there are many more but the naivete of these comments re playing D3 are just absurd.

I wouldn’t call at least 1/3 of those schools good schools. And outside of the ones you listed it’s a whole lot of nothing. Must be sad to be a D3 parent knowing your son is going to a horrible school while you’re wasting all that money on an awful education. But at least little Jimmy gets to play lacrosse and call himself a “college athlete” right?

John Carroll: 83% OWU: 69% Wooster: 54% Clark: 59%

Outside of the schools named, the vast majority of D3 schools aren’t good schools. If you were capable of reading my comments you’d know I was talking about all the other D3 schools and not the top 10%. Sorry, but most D3 schools just aren’t very good schools. Must be hard knowing your kid couldn’t go D1 or to a decent school frown On a side note a low acceptance rate doesn’t automatically make a school a good school.