Gosh I didnt realize how people on this forum are clueless of what’s available for your children that will better their lives
Let me clarify…
1:) its very hard to leave your child at prep/ private school and only be able to visit her on campus a few times a year due to our financial situation… we chose to visit when she had a game so we could watch
2:) they met for lunch in the school cafeteria once a semester when he came in for the schools trustee meetings. There was no “constant meeting of the two”. He too did not live close to campus and we were never there at the same time….today we coukd have Zoomed him.
3:) she used her second year employment bonus to donate all the money she received from this scholarship back to the school. She does very well financially in her career. She is ever grateful to this man and the school for the opportunities they have provided her and felt a real need in her heart to pay it back to the SCHOOL not the individual. At her current age she has already recoup this money with subsequent bonuses. I know of many others at other schools who have done the same.
4:) I originally chimed in to squash this idiotic holdback debate. Its the prep/private schools that require it. You just cant walk in and say I want to hold my child back. There are many kids as you say on age at these schools that started in the lower grades and advance to high school. Public school kids are not prepared to slide over to a private school. One admission director at a private school told me for every 150 public school student who applies maybe one could slide over on grade.

The real takeaway is to you parents , get off your butt and seek out these opportunities for your child. There are alot of them out there.

Good luck and if you still think this is creepy or odd I feel bad for your children.

Sorry one more thing…. in the next few years club is going to stop in eighth grade so where your child plays in high school is going to be extremely important if he or she wants to advance to play in college at any level.