Originally Posted by Anonymous
A few thoughts about Nike National (based on recent tryout experience).

- Registration fee is $250 with additional $370 if you make team.
- Is your son an existing Crab? If not, stop.
- Is your son physicaly bigger and taller than the majority of his graduation year peers? If not, stop.

The tournament is managed/owned by King Crab. The majority of the evaluators are affilated with Crabs. At the recent tryout the majority of the kids who were there were Crabs with a few random ones who heard about it through classmates or online advertisement. The possibility exists some may have been told by coaches to come out but I don't know of that for sure.

At the tryout they were told directly that the evaluators were looking at "biggest, strongest first". Do with that information as you choose but I would suggest saving money and use towards a college prospect camp.

Based on the details of your comment I am assuming your son tried out for the team? If so and knowing all this why did he? Based on my understanding they had evaluators from Gilman, BL, Loyola and McD there along with King Crab. Also if you don’t know Prospect Camps are the biggest money grab going! If your son is not directly contacted by the HC that money you are handing over is headed to the pockets of the program. Buyer beware.