Great Post. You could apply everything you said for Balto/DC vs Long Island clubs and it would be just as accurate for local girls' clubs. I don't see an easy answer to fix it. There is also a lot of arrogance in the local coaching community because there are so many local ex-D1 players coaching that think that anything that comes out of their mouth is gold. In addition to some of the downsides of the profit factor, the lack of any sort of standardized process at clubs for making sure players learn certain fundamentals by certain ages (think soccer coaching certifications) is starting to hurt some of the local kids. We could see other newer lacrosse hotbeds overtake us if it doesn't start soon.

i generally agree that the USCL rankings aren't great, but they're as good as any other sports rankings, including college and pros. Absent an alternative, they're the best method you have to figure out what you're competition's level is. I'd like to see them get rid of fall rankings or at least reduce their weighting once summer starts, but otherwise, no issue with them.