Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do you think Crab parents care what everyone else thinks…you’re a 🤡 if you think they do!

For ML, Crabs and others, that's the amusing thing.

You are talking about families where entitlement and inevitability reign supreme. They are in their own world and just don't care about any outsiders' opinions.

The end game is age 14-18 LAX GLORY, a prestigious scholarship to a D1 school where they get zero playing time, then Going to work for Dad's firm, or possibly some bigger firm with his bros, at age 25-26 instead of age 23-24. When Dad's Plan is already set, who cares about the extra 1-2 years of school

For half of them, the inevitability of Dad's Life Plan for them can be a recipe for self destruction or at least life long depression. "Bro I was a rock star when I was 16, I played teams that were all 14 year olds! LETS GO!"

lol whatever makes you feel better about yourself and current situation. Hang in there; more government checks on the way for you.

Ha! Struck a nerve. As if the only alternative to working for Daddy, with your UVA American Studies diploma, is to be unemployed. I love it!

Let me guess, third generation at Bullis/Landon, your son scores high on all standardized tests (and has, since private school pre-K evals) yet you held him back for pre-1st and are holding him back in 8th 'to make sure he's on target.' You're a partner at the firm your dad founded and the firm has an ad on the Bullis scoreboard. Your son is good enough to start at an on-age AAA club but who has time for that. Within 9 months he'll be two years older and an Elite starter, and that's the beginning of the best part - bragging at golf club lunches about who is recruiting your kid for D1, just like Dad and granddad.

I'm not necessarily against any of it.

It's just remarkably on-brand. Including the smugness.