Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Why are we knocking Team 91 or Gladiators? Team 91 won 2 tourneys, lost to Crabs by 1 in Beach Lax...Gladiators have fared well in most tourneys? Where has TB competed? Weak showing at Young Gunz and Terps??? C'mon, what have they done any better than 91 or Gladiators? Who has won in head to head games this year?
Exactly, I believe the criteria was head to head and common opponents. now lets get serious the head to head between TB, Terps Black and 91 was in March since then the common opponents warrents Terps Black fallen down a few pegs. They lost to the Crabs by a few goals and from what people affiliated with The Express said were never in either game, while 91 Orange lost by 1 and was swarming at the end just ran out of time. Both lost to a very good team 91 just was better in doing so. but in your world it will never be enough,to knock the mighty Terps Black down

Not one LI team made it to the semi-finals in fl$ 3D tournament this weekend. Not Gladiators, 91, or fl$. 3D Colorado, 3D NE, Breakers from Baltimore and 83 lacrosse in semis, and Breaks vs. 3D Select CO in final. I guess it didn't advance the cause for the LI rankings for fl$, Gladiators, or 91 this weekend. Average showing at best.

Not a parent of anyone of these teams in this bracket, but it seems to me that because LI has so many teams, the talent is spread out and the top teams are somewhat diluted. Many other states put together 1-2 teams out of hundreds of kids to take on the road. I would think LI still has the deepest talent pool, but others are setting up more elite teams and are also catching up in talent as the sport grows each year.

Well, whatever, but WOW, were those 2017 kids OLD lookin! I've heard the bitchin and whining, but it's time to hold your kids back! Entire teams of 16 year olds, at the 2017 level. Doesn't seem fair, but if you can't beat em.....

I suggest to anyone who is interested in this topic to read "The Outliers" as featured on 60 minutes. Eye opening.....

Read the book, absolutely life changing stuff..... applies to this whole age debate