Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does a last name make a good player? Seeing it happen all to often at tryouts.

Apparently yours does not.

My son made the team. Did I touch a nerve? Guilt by association? Feeble minds are so easily goaded into revealing the truth.

Nope...not a nerve touched and no guilt. My son made the team, based on pure talent! Just sick of hearing the whining & annonymous nasty posts. Im sure its going to be fun listening to you on the sidelines of this tournament!

So why bash a simple question. There are and always will be players who make teams and take up spots of players who deserve to be there just based upon thier pedigree. I am glad your son made it but why be a jerk when some asks a question. What is nasty about it? Not calling any individual out just making an observation. Maybe the selection process for this event was or is different than others but in past 2017 events some choices have been questionable and then you find out last names or team affiliations. This is a discussion forum.

I have to start with, that was not a simple question. There has been a whole lot of bashing going on regarding this team selection. These are 13 year old boys & very talented ones @ that. Your "observation" is your opinion. You made the accusations of "touching a nerve" or being "guilty by association" & went as far as calling me "feeble minded" & now Im a "jerk". Talk about bashing! As I explained Im none of the above. I am just sick of hearing all the "Lax Daddys" that know better.