Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son was at the tryout and I can say that the tryout was full of talented kids and I think they picked a very, very good team. Cant argue with who they picked, they are all very good players. My son has played against these kids since he started playing travel lacrosse and he is friends with many of them. Did they get it exactly right? Were there better players that didn't make it? I think the answer to those questions is left to the evaluators whose job it was to sift through all the talent....Any way you look at it no matter who they picked, someone would have had an issue with it.......life is full of disappointments, if your son didn't make it, deal with it and move on, my son has. [lacrosse] be back for the spring tryout to try again..........

Dear amazing parnet,

Did you notice that the highly credibility evaluators that you referred to that picked your son that they really weren't evaluating ANYTHING. Your son was picked before he showed up. If your one of the 16 (out of the 20) that deserve the spot you got than you also play for the right coach or club. This thing stinks of loads of BS! So, hopefully that will help your son get recruited in a year or two along with your sons talent.

Sorry to ruin your hate and whine rant but I have news for you.....my son didn't make the team or the call back list. He had a bad day and didn't deserve to get picked. If in fact the team was predetermined than that's messed up. In reality Ionlynhave an issue with two kids who made it, all the other kids had good tryouts and deserve to be there IMO

It speaks volumes that you have an issue with two of the kids. The two whom you probably take issue with, are probably two coaches kids, who are fan-freaking-tastic players. Would you disqualify them because of this? Maybe if you had done that implant a few years back, you wouldn't hate so much.

No hate from here at all. But one of those coaches son IS a great player, other coach son, no comment. Funny thing was watching JM walk around from field to field (the big time coach got a good workout on that chilly day!) whispering to all the silly evaluators! Jeez that guy can work a room (lol)! As far as JD, he has to have the huge bulk of his players on the brine thing. Oh, how about when they broke the kids down to different fields toward the end. Remember that part? Remember who was where and than who is in the top 20?
JD has the huge bulk, and you are suspicious of this?! Have you heard that his team is DROP DEAD AWESOME? Sorry, man, it's just the way it is. Why don't you go on a tirade now against him, as well as some other successful, renowned, highly regarded coaches? Maybe you should hate their kids, too. You say "no hate here", but your whole post is composed of it. Nice